West African Research and Innovation Management Association (WARIMA), has announced a call for abstracts for its this year’s annual workshops and conference. Deadline for submission of abstracts is set for 31st of July 2021.
The annual Workshops and Conference is set to commence on the 30th August and run up to 2nd September, 2021. There will be a pre-conference workshop on 30th and 31st of August while on 1st and 2nd September, 2021 are set for Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Conference.
WARIMA did not hold this annual event in 2020 due to COVID-19 but shall be holding this year’s event physically at the Université of Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar and Institut de Recherche en Santé, de Surveillance Epidémiologique et de Formation) IRESSEF in Senegal.
The theme for the event will be “Optimizing Research and Innovation Management in Emerging Economies” and has further been divided into 8 sub-themes which shall form the topics of discussion during the conference. The 8 includes:
- Researching diversities and optimizing their inherent Strengths and Opportunities
- Ethics and Professionalism in Research and Innovation Management
- More Research Funding, More Research Management: A task beyond the Academia
- Exploring the Research Management Ecosystem for Impactful Research and Innovation
- Building and Strengthening the Capacities of Research Managers: Whose business?
- Research Management in an era of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Effective Research and Innovation Management systems in emerging economies and Strategies for the future
- Gender, research and innovation management in emerging economies
Expected to attend the event are University Vice Chancellors, Rectors and Heads of tertiary institutions, Research Directors and other University leaderships, Managers of Research-focused NGOs and Private Sector Organizations, as well as policy makers in the government among others.
All abstracts should please be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Before the due date
WARIMA is a non-profit professional membership organization for research managers and administrators operating from West Africa. its mission is to continuously develop, engage and capitalize research and innovation management in the sub region to facilitate knowledge-based activities, inventions, interventions and solutions that will unleash sustainable development in West Africa.
It is part of the Research and Innovations management Associations in Africa which also include SARIMA in Southern Africa, CARIMA in Central Africa and EARIMA in Eastern Africa.
Photo courtesy / Google
Article by Research Beeline